Today Dell has announced our latest range of newly redesigned portfolio of Dell Precision tower workstations which deliver superior performance, accessibility and best-in-class chassis design to help creative and design professionals deliver results faster.
This is great news for Dell OEM Solutions customers who have distinct needs for their solutions. We know that OEM’s need great CPU performance and high-end graphics card support to power critical applications, without compromising the serviceability, stability and longevity of their solutions. Here is a quick snapshot of what we believe is great about our new towers for our OEM customers:
Powerful & built to perform: Unlock the power to handle extremely taxing workloads. The new Precision tower workstations feature Intel’s Sandy bridge Xeon processors.
Easing Integration: Ease integration headaches through working with Dell OEM Solutions and Boomi.
Security: Be confident of the security of your solutions in the field with Dell Data Protection and Encryption (DDP|E) and Dell SecureWorks for 24-hour monitoring against the bad guys.
Stability and lifecycle management: Avoid needless changes and disruption after launch, benefit from up to 12 months transition time between subsequent platforms and enhanced change management notifications with Dell OEM Solutions XL Program
Managed services: vPro systems management allows your managed services team to detect, diagnose and resolve issues discovered once your product ships.
Ease of service and support
- Dell ProSupport for OEM offers you specific services to meet the unique needs of OEMs.
- The new tool-less serviceable chassis eases support in the field, and because rack mounting options are critical, we’ve created an optional rail kit.
- To lower the costs for our OEM customers we have changed the chassis to include handles, cleaner cabling, and swappable power supply.
The new Dell tower workstation portfolio includes:
- Dell Precision T7600 – Engineered for the utmost in compute and visualization performance, Dell’s most powerful and expandable workstation is perfect for video, animation, engineering, simulation and financial and scientific analysis of massive data sets. The advanced architecture of the T7600 features one of the highest performing CPU stacks, power supplies and graphics power for a dual-socket system. It offers up to two Intel® Xeon® E5-2687W 150 watt processors with a total of 16 computational cores, a 1300 watt 90 percent efficiency power supply, up to 600 watts of graphics, and up to four full x16 graphics slots which can power up to an NVIDIA Quadro ultra high-end 6000 professional graphics card and two NVIDIA Tesla C2075 processors at the same time.
- Dell Precision T5600 – Designed for space-constrained environments that need substantial compute capability, Dell’s powerful and reliable dual-socket workstation is built for designing complex 3D models, creating film and video content and performing complex engineering and analysis work. It features up to two Intel® Xeon® processors each supporting eight processing cores, 128GB of quad-channel ECC memory, two power supply options of 635W or 825W and up to an NVIDIA Quadro 5000 high-end professional graphics card and NVIDIA Tesla C2075 processor.
- Dell Precision T3600 – Built for performance for mid-range workstation workloads, Dell’s single socket workstation offers an excellent balance of performance and scalability for mainstream 3D, computer-aided-design (CAD), computer-aided-manufacturing (CAM) and digital content creation applications. Key features include Intel Xeon processor E5-1600 or E5-2600 family, two power supply options, up to 64GB4 1600MHz ECC or non-ECC memory and up to a single NVIDIA Quadro 6000 or two NVIDIA Quadro 5000 professional graphics cards, and an NVIDIA Tesla C2075 processor.
- Dell Precision T1650 – For demanding professional applications that push beyond a standard desktop, Dell’s entry-level tower workstation offers certified performance for professionals working with 2D and basic 3D models, editing photos, CAD drawings and web development. The T1650 will feature next generation Intel Xeon processors, up to 75W for graphics and new ISV and graphic certifications.
Now is the time to choose your next Precision product.In order to facilitate a managed transition for you from your current Dell Precision tower workstations to the next generation, there will be a 5 month overlap period for existing non-XL Dell Precision systems if you order now.